We are currently accepting nominations and expressions of interest for the Board of Directors. A Board Member must be willing to place the good of our clients above and our organization above his or her own self-interest; act as a steward or trustee for the values and resources that belong to our community; perform his or her own role according to high ethical standards. The governing style of the Board is a focus on strategic leadership rather than administrative operations.
We are seeking a diversity of members with a variety of skills including Legal, Financial, Non Profit, Business, Educational, Administrative or Human Resources.
We are recruiting individuals who have:
- A strong sense of integrity
- An interest in our mission and the people we serve
- A sphere of influence
- The skills to work effectively with others
- A willingness to learn and grow
- A sense of a wider community
- An orientation to the future
- Enthusiastic support for our organization
- A commitment of time
- A willingness to use special skills
- An ability to support board fundraising activities
Board terms are for 3 years with a maximum of 2 terms ~ 6 years. The average monthly commitment is 4 to 8 hours.
If you are interested in this volunteer position please submit a resume and brief statement stating why would like to serve on the Board as well as what skills, abilities and experience you would bring to the Board.
(You cannot have been a member of the CVIMS staff for the previous five (5) years.)
Applications and inquiries may be forwarded to President@cvims.org.