ARE YOU A RECENTLY ARRIVED IMMIGRANT?
Need some financial support with training for work in a
regulated or unregulated profession or trade?
Funded by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada, CAREER PATHS FOR SKILLED IMMIGRANTS is an initiative designed to help skilled immigrants in the Vancouver Island North Region re-establish their careers in Canada. The Central Vancouver Island Multicultural Society delivers Career Paths for Skilled Immigrant to the communities of Campbell River, Courtenay, Comox Valley, Ladysmith, Nanaimo, Parksville and Port Alberni.
- Do you consider yourself to be under-employed, working more than 20 hours a week and not eligible for other employment services in your community?
- Are you recent immigrant (within the last 5 years) and hold a Permanent Resident card?
- Are you non-Employment Insurance and non-BC Employment Assistance client?
- Do you have over 3 years work experience in your profession/career (regulated or non-regulated) from your country?
- Do you require financial support towards your training or professional development to re-establish your career in Canada?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, you may be eligible to participate in Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants.
If you are accepted, the program offers:
- Assessment of your skills, qualifications and experience;
- Targeted career counselling and career planning services;
- Development and support with job-seeking skills and an introduction to Canadian workplace culture;
- Funding assistance for eligible training, credential upgrades, document translations or Association dues;
- Connections to, and assistance with regulating bodies; and
- Hands-on workplace experience through mentoring and other innovative approaches.
Click HERE for an on-line registration form.
Note: The fill-able form MUST be opened using free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Contact us to learn if you are eligible for the CAREER PATHS FOR SKILLED IMMIGRANTS program.