Central Vancouver Island Multicultural Society (CVIMS) has been sub-contracted by GT Hiring Solutions to deliver Employment Program of BC services for newcomers, immigrants and naturalized citizens in Nanaimo to help them succeed with finding AND keeping work. For more information on WorkBC and the Employment Program of BC, please click here.
CVIMS delivers specialized employment services in Nanaimo to those who may be experiencing difficulties with:
- Recognition of International Credentials
- Lack of Canadian work experience
- Lack of Canadian credentials
- Language barriers
- Lack of networking and community connections
- Lack of understanding processes implemented by various regulatory bodies
- Lack of job searching skills in Canadian context
- Lack of understanding of workplace culture
- and more
All services are tailored to meet individual needs of clients as discussed and agreed with their case managers.
Our hours of operation are:
Monday to Friday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 4:30 – 7:00 pm (by appointment only)
These services are available at no cost to all unemployed individuals eligible to work in Canada.
The Employment Program of British Columbia is funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia.